Er.A.V.RAVI, M.E, M.I.E.,
VIII Floor, N.P.K.R.R. Maalagai,
144, Anna Salai,
Chennai – 2.
All Superintending Engineers.
Lr.No.082598/536/G.56/G.561/2015-2, Dated: 02.12.2016.
Sub: Recruitment – R.W.E. - Filling up of vacancies of Driver post
by Internal Selection – Proposal – Called for – Regarding.
Ref: 1. (Per) B.P. (FB) No.30 Adm.Br. Dt.26.11.2001.
2. (Per) B.P. (FB) No.31 Adm.Br. Dt.13.12.2002.
It has been proposed to fill up the vacant post of Driver through Internal Selection which carries pay band of Rs.5400-20200+2500 Grade Pay. All the employees who have passed VIII Std and possessing Heavy Vehicle Driving Licence without Police/Magisterial endorsement, in various categories of Regular Works Establishment Cadre including Mazdoor and Office Helpers and Record Clerks alone in the Provincial Cadre who are drawing regular time Scale of Pay are eligible to apply for the post of Driver. Ex-Serviceman appointed as Watchman are not eligible for the Internal Selection.
2) In this connection, I am to enclose a format of application and request you to give wide publicity among the subordinate offices, calling for applications for the post of Driver through Internal Selection.
3) The Driving test should also be conducted by the Selection Committee which consists of Superintending Engineer, Executive Engineer and Assistant Executive Engineer/Electrical (Who knows driving) as hitherto made during the previous Internal Selection to the post of Driver towards (a) Knowledge in traffic regulation (b) Driving Ability and (c) Physical Capacity of the candidates who have applied for the post of Driver, While conducting the driving test, the Superintending Engineers are requested to ensure the validity of the expiry period of the heavy vehicle driving license of the candidates on the date of conducting of driving test and also ensure that the driving license is free from Police/Magisterial endorsement and validity.
4) In Case Disciplinary Proceeding is pending against any employee who apply for the post of Driver, the details of charges on which Disciplinary Proceeding is pending may be indicated and if the employee is undergoing punishment, the nature of punishment imposed, nature of charges and the date of commencement and date of completion of the period of punishment may also be furnished with the connected orders thereon.
5) The applications received from the employees along with the copies of certificates of Educational Qualification, Transfer Certificate, Community Certificate and Driving License should be thoroughly verified and sent to this office, along with the Superintending Engineer’s specific recommendations, together with the driving test results on or before 27.12.2016 without fail and they should have completed their probation period on or before 02.12.2016 . If no such qualified person is available, a ‘NIL’ report should be furnished.
6) I also request you to ensure that the proposals of qualified employees after driving test should reach this office within the due date. The cases of those who submit their applications directly to this office without Superintending Engineer’s recommendations will not be considered for selection to the post of Driver.
7) The receipt of this letter should be acknowledged in the first instance.
Encl:- As above.
All Chief Engineers, )
The Chief Financial Controller/Accounts Branch/Chennai - 2. )
The Chief Internal Audit Officer/Audit Branch/Chennai - 2. ) ***
The Under Secretary/Establishment/Secretariat Branch/Ch - 2. )
The Assistant Personnel Officer/Head Quarters/Adm.Br./Ch - 2. )
*** With a request to furnish similar proposal.
The Personnel Officer/Implementation/Adm.Branch/G.42 Section/Ch – 2 for information.
:: FORWARDED BY ORDER ::
APPLICATION FOR APPOINTMENT TO THE POST OF DRIVER THROUGH INTERNAL SELECTION DURING THE YEAR 2016.
1. Name of the Employee :
2. Designation and Circle :
3. Method of appointment :
(a) Compassionate Grounds
(b) Land Acquisition
(c) Absorption of C.Ls.
(d) Direct Recruitment.
4. Date of first appointment and :
post.(Specify the training period)
5. Date of completion of Training Period (if any) :
6. Date of commencement of probation period :
7. Date of completion of probation period :
8. Date of Birth (Copy of T.C. should :
9. Community (SC/ST, MBC/DC, BCO/BCM :
or OC) Name of community should be
specified if the individual claims to be a
SC, MBC/DC or BC, Community
Certificate should be obtained from
Revenue authorities not lower in rank
than a Tashildar or Headquarters
Deputy Tashildar or Independent
Tashildar or Panchayat Union
Commissioner shall be produced.
In the case of ST Community Certificate
be obtained only from Revenue
10. Date of joining in the present post :
11. Differently abled person : Yes/No
(If Yes, Certificate should be enclosed)
12. Highest Educational Qualification :
13. Particulars of Driving License and specify :
the expiry date of Driving License.
14. Knowledge in Tamil :
(ATTESTED COPIES OF CERTIFICATES FOR PROOF OF AGE, COMMUNITY AND EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION SHOULD BE ENCLOSED).
I declare that the particulars furnished above are true to the best of my knowledge and I shall not ask for any alteration or change thereof at a later date.
I agree to relinquish my rights for promotion in Regular Work Establishment/ Provincial Cadre in the event of my appointment as Driver.
I will not ask for reversion to my old post in Regular Work Establishment Cadre/Provincial Cadre.
I am aware that this option exercised by me is final.
If, I am selected and appointed as Driver, I agree to regulate my pay in the post of Driver, by grant of Personal Pay to the extent of the difference in the basic pay admissible to me from time to time in the post of Driver and the basic pay that would have been drawn by me in the previous post had I continued in the previous post, till the basic pay in the post of Driver becomes equal to or more than basic pay in the previous post or by promotion to higher post whichever is earlier as per Memo(Per)No.11297/A3/A31/2014-1, dated.19.11.2014.
SIGNATURE OF APPLICANT.
(To be filled in by the forwarding authority)
1. Certified that date of first appointment of the individual is
……..……………(Date) as (Designation) in the Board.
2. Certified that the individual is now working as ……………………………(Designation) in the time scale of pay of Rs. ………………………………… with Grade Pay of Rs……………………… from ………………………… (Date) onwards.
3. Certified that the particulars furnished by the employee are verified with reference to the original certificate produced and found correct.
Date : Signature :
Station : Designation :
ANNEXURE - I
STATEMENT SHOWING THE DETAILS OF QUALIFIED EMPLOYEES OF BOARD IN R.W.E. CADRE AND
RECORD CLERK/OFFICE HELPER IN PROVINCIAL CADRE FOR SELECTION AND APPOINTMENT TO THE POST
OF DRIVER BY INTERNAL SELECTION DURING THE YEAR 2016.
Name of the
Employee, Designation and Circle.
Date of Birth
Date of Joining
i) Date of Joining on first
appointment in the service of
the Board with the post.
(Specify the training period)
ii) Date of completion of
Training Period (if any).
iii) Date of commencement
of probation period.
iv) Date of completion of
Scale of pay with Grade pay
Date of Joining in the present post
Whether Driving test passed by the Selection Committee
Whether adequate knowledge in Tamil
Whether any Disciplinary Proceedings is pending.
Recommendation of the Controlling Officer