TAMIL NADU GENERATION AND DISTRIBUTION CORPORATION LIMITED
(PER) FB TANGEDCO PROCEEDINGS NO.14, DATED THE 27TH FEBRUARY, 2015.
Maasi-15, Jaya Aandu,
1. (Per) FB TANGEDCO Proceedings No.3 (SB), dated 11.01.2014.
2. (Per) FB TANGEDCO Proceedings No.4 (SB), dated 11.01.2014.
3. G.O.Ms.No.311, Finance (CMPC) Department, dated 31.12.2014.
As per the proviso under regulation 36(a) of Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Service Regulations, the annual increments of the employees are regulated in four quarters viz.1st January, 1st April, 1st July and 1st October. However, there is no provision to sanction annual increments in the case of the employees who have rendered one full year of service and retire on superannuation on the last date on completion of one year, as their increment due date falls on the next day of superannuation. As such, an anomalous situation arises in the case of those who retire on the day prior to the said dates, viz.31st December, 31st March, 30th June and 30th September as the case may be, inspite of the fact that they have completed one full year of service which are countable for increment. In order to avoid such anomalous situation, the Government in its order third read above, have ordered that a Government servant whose increment falls due on the day following superannuation, on completion of one full year of service which are countable for increment, be sanctioned with one notional increment, purely for the purpose of pensionary benefits and not for any other purpose. After careful consideration, the Board of TANGEDCO has decided to adopt the same in TANGEDCO.
2. Accordingly, it is hereby ordered that an officer/employee of TANGEDCO whose increment falls due on the day following superannuation, on completion of one full year of service which are countable for increment under regulation 36(a) of TNEB Service Regulations, be sanctioned with one notional increment at the rate as described under regulation 6 of TANGEDCO Revised Pay (Workmen) & (Officers) Regulations, 2011, purely for the purpose of pensionary benefits and not for any other purpose.
3. The above orders shall be deemed to have come into effect from 31.12.2014, i.e.the date of issue of the G.O. third read above.
4. Necessary amendments to Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Service Regulations will be issued separately.
5. The receipt of these proceedings shall be acknowledged in the slip enclosed.
(BY ORDER OF THE BOARD)
All Chief Engineers.
All Chief Financial Controllers/TANGEDCO & TANTRANSCO.
The Chief Internal Audit Officer/Audit Branch.
All Superintending Engineers.
The Residential Audit Officer/Chennai-2.
The Chairman-cum-Managing Director's Table.
The Managing Director/TANTRANSCO.
All Directors/TANGEDCO and TANTRANSCO.
The Director General of Police/Vigilance/Chennai-2.
The Legal Adviser/TANGEDCO/Chennai-2.
All Deputy Secretaries/Secretariat Branch.
All Senior Personnel Officers/Administrative Branch/Chennai-2.
All Under Secretaries/Secretariat Branch/Chennai-2.
The Executive Assistant to Chairman-cum-Managing Director.
The Asst.Pers.Officer/Tamil Development – for publication in the Bulletin (2 copies)
"A-2", "A-8", "A-11" & "A-16" Sections/Secretariat Branch/Chennai-2.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Workers' Federation.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Accounts & Executive Staff Union.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Workers' Progressive Union (LPF).
Central Organisation of Tamil Nadu Electricity Employees.
Minsara Pirivu Anna Thozhir Sangam.
Tamil Nadu Minvariya Janatha Thozhilalar Sangam.
Tamil Nadu National Electricity Workers' Federation (INTUC) (2 groups).
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Engineers' Sangam.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Employees Congress (NLO).
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Thozhilalar Aykkiya Sangam.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Engineers' Association.
T.N.E.B. Finance and Accounts Officers' Association.
Bharathiya Electricity Employees Federation.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Card Billing Staff Union.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Dr. Ambedkar Employees Union.
Tamil Nadu Electricity Board Engineers' Union.